The Center is committed to reaching out to and engaging with a range of industry and outreach partners. Existing, ongoing relationships at the MLML Shorelab and/or with MLML aquaculture faculty include:
- Monterey Abalone Company – there is already an established Academic-Industry abalone hatchery program ongoing at the Aquaculture Facility.
- Sustainable Seaculture Technologies (SST) – an existing partnership program with SST at the Aquaculture Facility to explore techniques for using algae culture for bioremediation applications.
- Monterey Bluewater Farms– MLML is currently assisting in the set up of a breeding facility for yellowtail amberjacks and in planning a hatchery on-site at Moss Landing.
- Carlsbad Aquafarm – we already have an established collaboration to study how parental diet impacts abalone fecundity for the purpose of enhancing wild stocks.
- The David & Lucile Packard Foundation
Plans exist to extend the Center’s outreach to include partners such as:
- Monterey Bay Aquarium and Seafood Watch
- Catalina Sea Ranch
- Aquarium of the Pacific
- various local firms (e.g. seafood restaurants, wholesalers).